Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Making Mondays: Leaf Print Lions
On the weekend I prepared a little activity for Senol to do with Yashar so they could have a little more 'Baba and Yashar time'- I helped too ...and loved it!
It was from the Turkish version of the book 365 things to make and do - which I assume is virtually the same as the English version. Love this book! - So many great simple and easy to make ideas.
It uses leaf prints to make different animals - we did the lion - but there was also a very cute giraffe and hedgehog. This is how we did it:
1. First we collected a few different leaves. Then Yashar and Senol painted the leaves and made prints on brown paper.
2. While they were doing that I drew the lions heads and bodies on brown paper and cut them out.
3. While the leaf prints dried a little Yashar and Senol drew the grass background for them on a sheet of paper.
5. Then Yashar and I stuck down the cut out leaf prints - big ones for the Baba lion and small ones for the cub. (and by the way - we stuck everything down together...
6. Last of all we stuck on the lion faces.
I LOVE how it turned out and Yashar was so proud!