Making Mondays (ahhh Thursdays): Quick Christmas Crafts for Toddlers
**edit - oooh I forgot to mention that tomorrow (the 10th) is the last day to order from the shop to ensure your package arrives before Christmas - (December 16 for within Europe and December 20 for within Turkey.)**
Well, I'm sure I started writing this on Monday...anyway, it's about time I had some more things to make with toddlers on here! These are some very quick and fun Christmas decorations that Yashar and I made on the spur of the moment over the weekend.
On our way out on Saturday we saw these interesting shaped pinecones had blown down in all the windy weather we've been having. We brought them in and they dried out a little. Then, with some inspiration from the pinecones we made last year and the pinecones over at Maya*Made. We painted ours with a little white paint and sprinkled lots of glitter on them. Yashar and I LOVE glitter! So pretty and fun :)
Then on Sunday we made some little heart shaped decorations. This straw came with the eggs we bought from the market this week...and my husband knows me well...asking if I wanted to use it for an art project before he threw it out! This is how we made them:
1. I cut out two larger shaped hearts and two smaller hearts out of some white card.
2. Yashar was then in charge of putting glue, using a glue stick, all over the two bigger hearts.
3. Then we set them on a piece of paper and Yashar piled up some straw on each of them (he was very excited about that!) Then we pressed the little heaps of straw down a little to make sure enough of it had stuck down.
4. Next, Yashar put glue all over the smaller hearts and we put them on a piece of paper. Then he shook plenty of glitter on them.
5. We shook all the hearts a little to get any loose pieces off then I stuck the smaller heart to the middle of the larger heart using double sided tape.
6. Then I punched a hole in the top of each, put a little ribbon on them. Finito!